- 40 POINT AAA INSPECTION
- Scanned vehicle. Received codes: P1000, C1235, B1318, U1900, U2011, B1342, B2940, B1353, B1676, B1470, B1217, U0073, B2276, B2519, B1084, B2872, B287A. Battery is discharged. Put in a good known battery for testing purposes. Charging warning light illuminated. Performed starting and charging system test. No voltage present. Inspected wiring diagrams. Inspected fuse 43. Fuse 43 passed testing at this time. Inspected fuse 21. Fuse 21 passed testing at this time. Not able to gain access to pigtail for alternator to test wiring between computer and alternator. Recommend to replace alternator, when apart, perform wiring testing between alternator and PCM(Powertrain Control Module). Systems are highly dependent on proper voltage to operate properly. Must start here first. Aftermarket alarm system may be causing problems and may need to be removed.
- Replaced alternator with a FORD Re-manufactured part. Removed NAPA alternator. Once removed found damage to wiring from battery to alternator. Performed voltage drop test. Testing failed. New Cable and harness not available. Recommend custom battery cable. Once old cable was removed, tested signal wires. found intermittent connection on Pin 1. Wires are hard and not feel burnt. Recommend alternator pigtail replacement.
- Repaired alternator pigtail.
- Customer built cable for alternator to battery.
- After charging old battery, tested battery. Battery passed testing at this time. Performed starting and charging system test. All systems pass at this time. Charging voltage is 14.4V. No problems at this time with starting and charging system. Cleared codes in all modules.
KEN B. gave our service a 5 star review on 5/5/2023